Saturday 23 February 2008

New things

Having been slightly rubbish at blogging so far, I'm reviving the poor neglected thing and having another go.

I have been coveting some bits and pieces in shunklies etsy shop (http://www.shunklies.etsy.com/), particularly a drop spindle, cos I fancy having a go at spinning my own yarn. As if I'm not busy enough already.

So as money's a bit tight, Mr moo has kindly offered to make me a drop spindle out of some dowel and old bits of wood, I have purchased the neccessary wool tops from the lovely shunklies, and hopefully it will be the start of something new! When the hammering and drilling and swearing has stopped downstairs, I'll post some pics of my spindle (work in progress at the mo) and I shall fascinate you on a regular basis with my yarn-making progress.

Meanwhile, cushion covers and doggie jumpers are my new knitting thing. Bizzybeetrinkets (see her shop at http://www.bizzybeetrinkets.etsy.com/) recently ordered a custom one, and sent me a pic of her little chap modelling the moocow goodness (thanks bizzy) I am well pleased :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

Nice of him to make you a spindle :)
The dog jumpers look really cute.

bee said...

ahhh look at my dog monster....ohh by the way the jumper washed really well too....he had a good old roll around in the mud then wiped himself on my sofa.....

madhat said...

Love that cute dog modelling your doggie jumper! :o)